Friday, May 27, 2005

Help people. please.

If you have the opportunity to help someone, and don’t, is it a sin? If someone is suffering, and you have the ability to possibly help them, is it wrong to not to help? Suppose I see someone in agony with the flu, would you look down on me if I withheld the flu vaccine from him or her? If someone has HIV, is it wrong of me to try and stop the research to help him or her? If someone has cancer and I interfered with helping him or her, am I a bad person?

These people are all living and suffering. If there is something we can do to help living people, shouldn’t we do it?

If you take a new embryo, just after 4 days (after a few series of cell-division), you can strip out the stem cells, keep them alive, and use them to research help for people.

Pro Life means to also keep people from suffering and to make them well.

Stem Cell Research will be a part of life eventually. There is no question there. The only question is: how long will progress be held up?